Winter is not my favorite season. The cold is just too cold for me most of the time. I love warm weather. Yet, I want to make the most of the season of winter. I’ve found there are a few things I can do to make winter more meaningful instead of something I just want to skip out on. Here is my list of five things to do when it is cold.
1. Carve out time to spend reflecting on the life you are living. Reflection allows me to see what I’m doing, and what I need to do differently to live the life I want to live. Take time to think. To plan. To prepare. It is worth it.
2. Have a longer than usual conversation with friends. As the weather warms up, the pace of life speeds up as well. Use the advantage of the slower pace of cold weather to have a longer conversation with a friend. Go grab a cup of coffee. Sit down. Share. Enjoy.
3. Read a good book. Cold weather is the perfect time to sit inside your warm house and enjoy a good book. Give the blogs and social media a break, and let yourself go into a great fiction or non-fiction book.
4. Plan. Spring, summer, and even autumn will be here sooner than you and I think. Will you take this year by the horns, or will you just wait and see what happens? Live life by design, not by default.
5. Connect with God. I think the opportunity is wide open for a lot of ways to connect with God. How do you connect with God? Art? Writing? Running? Dance? Friendships? Reading? Make time to connect with God.
What would you add to this list?